10 facts that you probably don’t know about dance guru Prabhu Deva on his Birthday.
Get Daily Updates In Email
Published by Vijay Sisodiya on 02 Apr 2019
Prabhu Deva is the dancing legend of our country. Today the legend is celebrating his 46th birthday today and we couldn’t be happier. He was born 1973 in Mysore Karnataka. He was inspired by his father when it comes to dancing. His father was a choreographer for South Indian movies.
Here are the 11 facts you probably don’t know about him.
- Even though he is known as Prabhu Deva, his full name is Prabhu Deva Sundaram.
- He is not only a dance choreographer but an actor, director, and a producer.
- Prabhu Deva has worked for many films, not only in one language but in 5 different languages namely Telugu, Tamil, Hindi, Malayalam, and Kannada.
- Prabhu Deva made his Directorial Debut with a Tamil Film called ‘Nuvvostanante Nenuoddantana’ which was remade in Bollywood as ‘Ramaiya Vastavaiya.’
- Though his name is Prabhu Deva, His fans call him Micheal Jackson of India. He dances so well that he is, in India, considered to be of the god level.
- With the Western style, he also knows and is a trained dancer in Classical Dance styles as well.
- Prabhu Deva choreographed more than 100 movies, directed 13 movies and produced 4 movies.
- Prabhu Deva was the lead in India’s first 3D dance movie, ABCD (AnyBody Can Dance).
- On his 39th he performed with Katy Perry, Amitabh Bachchan, Priyanka Chopra and Kareena Kapoor for Opening Ceremony of IPL 2012 in Chennai.
- He has won 2 National Awards for Best Choreography.
Prabhu Deva is currently busy shooting with Varun Dhawan and Shraddha Kapoor for their latest film ‘Streetdancer’ which is said to be an installment for ABCD and ABCD2. This is not the first time they are doing a film together. All of them are working really hard for the film and we know that Prabhu Deva is a part of it, it is going to be a super hit.
We wish the legend a very Happy Birthday!