In India, wives are often better known by the names of their spouses. Due to the patriarchal nature of our society, women are expected to take up the responsibilities at home, while husbands are expected to go out and make money. However, with changing times, there is a change in this trend. Women are becoming more and more career-oriented and independent than before.
Bollywood that often reflects the story of Indian society has seen a similar change in trends. Today, we take a look at 14 Bollywood star wives, who have so much more to themselves than just the surname of their actor husbands and the stardom that comes with it.
1) Tanya Deol: Bobby Deol’s wife Tanya Deol (Tanya Ahuja) studied interior designing and hence runs her business of furniture and home decor. She is also one of the famous costume designers in Mumbai.
2) Kiran Rao: Kiran is Aamir Khan’s wife, but before her marriage, she worked as an assistant director in Ashutosh Gowariker’s ‘Lagaan’ and later assisted Gowariker again on Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Swades’. Kiran is also a screenwriter, producer, and directed Aamir’s Dhobi Ghat.
Aamir Khan and Kiran rao throwback picture. pic.twitter.com/N2zYqjzWE6
— Rohitvarma (@AAMIRCRAZE) April 9, 2019
3) Adhuna Bhabani: Farhan Akhtar’s former ex-wife Adhuna is a well-renowned hair stylist. She launched her own salon named Juice in Mumbai in partnership with her brother Osh Bhabani, before changing its name to BBLUNT. She did a professional course in hairdressing from England.
4) Twinkle Khanna: Who doesn’t know the star wife of Akshay Kumar. But let’s not forget that twinkle is a great writer. She is a well-renowned column writer, author of three books named: Mrs Funnybones, The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad, and Pyjamas Are Forgiving. Apart from all this, she is also a very successful producer.
— Akshay Kumar FG (@AKFansGroup) April 8, 2019
5) Mehr Jesia: Mehr was the wife of Arjun Rampal. The couple parted ways some time ago, but she was famous before even marrying Arjun as she won Femina Miss India 1986, and was a supermodel back in her days.
6) Maria Goretti: Before her marriage to Arshad Warsi, Maria was a famous MTV VJ. Maria has hosted several TV shows including Do It Sweet on the NDTV Good Times channel and I Love Cooking on Living Foodz.
7) Sussanne Khan: Hrithik Roshan’s ex-wife Sussanne is a well-renowned interior designer. After completing her studies from Brooks College in Long Beach, California, she has worked on various projects including the homes of Priyanka Chopra and Rani Mukherji. Since then she hasn’t looked back and continues to thrive in her profession.
— Penguin India (@PenguinIndia) October 28, 2018
8) Priya Runchal: Priya Runchal studied law at the University of California, Los Angeles, did her MBA from London and is an NRI financial analyst and investment banker, in USA. She is married to John Abraham.
9) Maanayata Dutt: Sanjay Dutt’s wife Maanyata is the CEO of Sanjay Dutt’s production house – Sanjay Dutt Productions. She is an active socialite and an activist, also, she’s a regular face of social campaigns.
10) Seema Khan: Sohail Khan’s wife Seema is a famous fashion designer in Mumbai. She designed the whole look of TV show ‘Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi’, while she also owns a beauty spa and salon called Kallista, in Mumbai.
11) Gauri Khan: King Khan’s wife Gauri is a well- known interior designer and filmmaker. She co-owns the production house and distribution company Red Chillies Entertainment. Gauri was named in Fortune India’s 50 Most Powerful Women in business last November.
— ●◆ The Club SRK ◆● (@TheClubSRK) April 3, 2019
12) Mana Shetty: Sunil Shetty’s wife owns her luxury and gift items store that goes by the name of R-House. Elsewhere, she is the director of a real estate project named S2, that constructs, luxury villas. Apart from her businesses, Mana is also, a socialite.
13) Maheep Kapoor: Maheep Kapoor, wife of Sanjay Kapoor runs her own jewelry store ‘Satyani Fine Jewels’ in India and UK. She also has a boutique in collab with Gauri Khan and Seema Khan, named Bandra 190.
14) Bhavna Pandey: Wife of Chunky Pandey, Bhavna, owns a young and vibrant high street fashion brand, called ‘LoveGen’.