Bollywood has always been an ocean of glamour to the common man, but one doesn’t fully understand the depth of their hardships, sorrows and obligations they face while working in the industry. Time passes, yes it does, but it does not really heal every wound left behind. There are some voids that could not be filled, there are some places in someone’s life that could not be replaced by anyone. We have often heard that being a parent is not a joke, parenting needs both stability mentally and financially in today’s world. These are some of the Bollywood celebrities who raised their kids as a single parent.
1) Karishma Kapoor: Karishma Kapoor after her separation from Businessman Sanjay Kapur, Karishma now stays with Samaira and Kiaan her two kids, she is taking care of them on her own, often she is spotted attending school activities and meetings, she was seen in many commercial advertisements, her Drama series titled as ‘Mentalhood’ was released last year.
2) Rahul Dev: Rahul has been working in Bollywood as well as in other regional languages too. After the demise of his wife Rina due to Cancer in 2010, he has been raising his son Siddharth.
3) Amrita Singh: Amrita live with her two children Sara and Ibrahim, she got a divorce from Saif Ali Khan in 2002. Amrita has been taking care of her children since her divorce.
4) Tushar Kapoor: Tushar Kapoor have been a father, he hadn’t been married or in a relationship, he became a father with help of surrogacy. Tushar has a baby boy named Laksshay.
— Tusshar (@TusshKapoor) March 29, 2021
5) Neena Gupta: Neena Gupta is a proud mother of a famous fashion designer Masaba Gupta, Masaba is the daughter of Neena and famous West Indies cricketer, Vivian Richards. Neena has received lots of criticism for being a single mother but she stood firm and strong against the conservative society.
6) Sushmita Sen: Sushmita Sen adopted two daughters Renee(21) and Alisha(12). She became a mother when she was just 24. In an interview, Sushmita said that being a mother was the best decision and stabilised her life.
7) Raveena Tandon: Raveena Tandon as a single mother adopted her daughters Chhaya and Pooja in 1995. Both of Raveena’s daughters are happily married now, later she got married to Businessman Anil Thadani has two kids with him Ranbir and Rasha. Raveena is an interview who shares her moments from adopting Pooja and Chhaya to walking them down the aisle to holding her grandchildren in her arms.