Court rejected Raj Kundra’s bail plea, says ‘Kundra’s offence is detrimental to the health of the society’

Get Daily Updates In Email

Published by Mohit Kumar Dixit on 04 Aug 2021

Millionaire business man Raj Kundra who was arrested on July 19 hasn’t been granted any relief from the court. The bail appeals of Raj Kundra and his business associates Ryan Thorpe has been rejected by the court.

In a detailed order, the pleas of Raj Kundra (45) and Ryan Thorpe (43) has been denied by a magistrate court. The court said Kundra’s allegee offence is detrimental for the health of our society. It said under such circumstances, societal interest in the prosecution of a crime, which has a wider social dimension, cannot be overlooked.

The duo was arrested in the creation and distribution of pornographic content through HotShots free download mobile app. Although, their bail pleas were rejected last week but the order was made available on Monday. “One of the considerations for refusing or granting bail is the nature of offence and gravity of offence. The effect of alleged offence is having nexus with public at large. The alleged offence is also detrimental to the health of our society,” the court said.

The court also mentioned that allegations on Raj Kundra and Ryan Thorpe of deleting the evidences of the case. The court said that there is every possibility the accused could tamper with the evidence if released on bail.

The court also observed that Raj Kundra’s relative Pradeep Bakshi, an accused in the same case was absconding. The court said, “No doubt both accused are in judicial custody. However, taking the accused in judicial custody by refusing police custody does not mean that the investigation is completed.”

While rejecting the bail pleas of the duo, the court mentioned that release of the accused would definitely hamper the ongoing investigation.

Kundra has moved a plea against the court before the session court.

Related Articles