Gauri Khan and Shah Rukh Khan are one of the power couples of Bollywood. Even after so many years of togetherness, they look like made for each other. Apart from being Shah Rukh’s backbone, the lady has mothered three children, she’s been working as a producer and an interior designer all at the same time.
Gauri Khan celebrates her birthday today, and as she turns 49, we take a look at her journey and how she became the pillar of strength of one of Bollywood’s biggest superstars.
1) Born on 8 October 1970, Gauri hails from Delhi, and her father, Colonel Ramesh Chandra Chhibber is a former army man, and thus she had a strict family in her childhood days.
2) Gauri completed her schooling from Lorento Convent School in Delhi, after which she did her graduation in History from Lady Shri Ram College, Delhi.
3) SRK and Gauri fell for each other in the year 1984. After dating each other since the age of 18, the duo got hitched against the wishes of their respective families. Later, they would go on to have three kids, Aryan, Suhana, and AbRam.
4) Together, Shah Rukh and Gauri founded the company Red Chillies Entertainment, which at the moment, is one of the leading production houses in the nation. One of SRK’s most iconic films ‘Main Hoon Na’ was Gauri’s first film as a producer.
5) Apart from films, Gauri is also a renowned Interior designer and costume designer. She has her own furniture line that goes by the name of ‘The Charcoal Project’, moreover, she also owns an interior designs store called ‘Design Cell’.
6) Not many know this, but Gauri has earlier hosted a musical countdown show on MTV which was titled ‘Oye’.
7) Another fun fact, Gauri Khan is a big fan of Hollywood singer Justin Beiber.