Arjun Kapoor, who was recently spotted jetting off with his lady love Malaika Arora to an unknown location celebrates his birthday today. While the actor celebrates his special day with Malaika, he will rejoice his progress in Bollywood. Fresh off his latest adventure in the form of India’s Most Wanted, Arjun turns 34 today.
Son of Boney Kapoor and Mona Shourie Kapoor, Arjun has come a long way since making his debut with Ishaqzaade. Here, we take a look at 10 interesting facts about the actor:
1) Arjun Kapoor used to weigh around 140 kgs in his teenage days before hardcore gyming finally helped him knock all of it off.
2) Arjun started off by assisting Nikhil Advani in Kal Ho Naa Ho and received his first cheque at the age of 17 from Dharma Productions.
3) Arjun lost almost 50 kgs to get into his role in Ishaqzaade.
4) He dated Salman’s sister Arpita Khan for 2 years. Later the couple separated and Arjun’s current lady love is Arbaaz Khan’s ex-wife Malaika Arora.
5) So scared was Arjun of Salman that he himself went and revealed to the Khan family that he was seeing Arpita.
6) After breaking up with Arpita, Arjun found solace in the arms of Salman whom he considers his friend, father figure and older brother.
7) Arjun was extremely close to his mother Mona Kapoor and has a tattoo named ‘Ma’ on his right wrist in her memory.
8) The last call Arjun’s mother Mona made from her hospital bed was to Salman Khan for thanking him for supporting Arjun.
9) Arjun hates it when he is asked to compare the actresses that he has worked with. He feels it’s not right to compare two actresses.
10) Arjun has never ever thought of dating a South Indian girl in real life.
On the work front, the actor will soon be seen in Ashutosh Gowariker’s Panipat opposite Kriti Sanon.