Kangana Ranaut challenges Mumbai court order in the defamation case filed by veteran lyricist Javed Akhtar

Get Daily Updates In Email

Published by Shafali Nagar on 25 Jan 2022

According to the media reports, ‘Queen’ actress Kangana Ranaut challenged the Mumbai court order in the defamation case filed by veteran actor Javed Akhtar.

As we know, the veteran lyricist had filed a complaint claiming the Bollywood actress Kangana Ranaut had made defamatory statements against him in a television industry which reportedly damaged his reputation. In the complaint, popular lyricist and writer claimed that Ms. Ranaut dragged his name during an interview while referring to a ‘coterie’ existing in PK actor Sushant Singh Rajput’s death in June 2020.

In response, Kangana Ranaut had filed a cross-complaint raising allegations against Javed Akhtar of criminal conspiracy and outraging modesty by invading her privacy. Also, both the complaints have been heard by the Andheri court magistrate RR Khan and the Queen actress has been seeking transfer of her cross-complaint to another magistrate before the sessions court.

According to the sources, earlier the Panga actress had approached the CMM court saying that the charge against her was bailable, non-cognizable, and compoundable. Also, Kangana had claimed that RR Khan sought to misuse his powers and cause injury to her even before the trial had begun. In October 2021, the CMM had dismissed Kangana’s plea.

Meanwhile, the actress had filed a revision application in Dindoshi session court, through her advocate, who had earlier said while filing the application to transfer her complaint. On the other hand, Javed Akhtar’s lawyer had said that every time there’s a bizarre excuse by Kangana to not appear in front of the court in the defamation case filed by Akhtar.

Well, the Panga actress has moved to the Dindoshi sessions court and the additional sessions judge Shridhar Bhosle will now hear the plea on January 27, 2022.

Related Articles