Veteran actress Neena Gupta and former West Indies cricketer Sir Vivian Richards
daughter, Masaba Gupta has become a renowned fashion designer in the industry. Masaba’s parents never got married. Therefore her mother Neena Gupta raised her as a single-mother facing all the hardships and financial problems. After 20 years of birth, Masaba’s father got in touch with her. Here are some more interesting and lesser-known facts about Masaba Gupta:
1. Masaba was raised in Mumbai and always wanted to be a Tennis player when she was 8 years old. But at the age of 16, she dropped the idea as ber interest shifted towards dancing. She wanted to join Shiamak Davar group but couldn’t do the same as her mother adviced against it.
2. At the age of 19, Masaba applied to Lakme Fashion Week with the help of designer Wendell Rodricks.
3. Masaba is the owner of the House of Masaba, where outfits are specially designed for women. Apart from clothes, Masaba has also designed a line of lipsticks in collaboration with Lakme which is called Candy land
4. In 2009, Masaba got graduated from SNDT women’s university with a diploma in Apparel Manufacture and Design.
5. In 2014, Masaba Gupta launched a sportswear line labeled Masaba Sprint.
6. In 2016, she admitted that a show meant to showcase a collection of colorful clothing inspired by New York’s diverse culture to match a Maybelline New York lipstick line did not work out for a variety of logistical reasons. She says the biggest regret of her career was the Stylista collection which was poorly managed by the team in charge.
7. In 2017, Masaba Gupta represented India in a showcasing re-designs of Levi’s trucker jacket.
8. In 2015, she got married with producer Madhu Mantana. But later in 2019 filed for divorce at Bandra Court in Mumbai. In a joint statement Masaba and Madhu said, “After much thought and consideration, we have come to an amicable conclusion on all matters. We have decided to move forward separately and get divorced.” “We are two individuals who respect and care for each other and have made our own choices. We would appreciate if we are given our privacy in this time,” they added
Interestingly, in 2019, Masaba had a reunion with her father Viv Richards at his birthday celebrations. Currently, Masaba is has become a design icon throughout the country and is setting examples for women.