**Potential Spoilers Ahead**
Episode 3 of the final season of Game of Thrones witnessed an epic battle. The dead army of the Night King marched towards Winterfell where they went toe to toe with Daenerys Targaryen and Jon Snow’s forces. The episode well truly lived up to its hype and was filmed spectacularly.
— INSIDER (@thisisinsider) April 29, 2019
The fact that war scenes may get monotonous very soon, makers of the show knitted various characters together make it an intriguing ‘Long Night’ which came to an epic ending. They also left a few easter eggs here and there which some fans may not have noticed. So, today we’ll go through such details which you may have missed from the third episode of the finale season.
1) When the battle begins, Arya is seen giving a dagger to Sansa to which she replies “I don’t know how to use it” and Arya says “Stick it with the pointy end.” Those are the same lines that Jon told Arya when he gave her ‘needle’, back in the second episode from season 1.
— sapzy (@FortniteIShop) April 30, 2019
2) The Hound who is pyrophobic was seen losing his wits once he saw all the fire in and around him. It was a consequence of his own brother ‘The Moutain’ burnt Hound’s face.
3) Remember young Lyanna Mormont, well she died in the episode but she went down with some honor, by killing the giant with Dragonglass in the same place where another wildling giant fell during the Battle of Bastards.
4) Beric Dondarrion sacrificed himself for Arya Stark, and he was troubled why the Lord of Light brought him back from the dead, it is here where he realized his true destiny was to save Arya so that she could go on to kill the Night King.
5) The reunion of Arya and the Red Priestess aka Melisandre was something interesting. Back in season 3, Melisandre prophesized Arya would go on to shut many eyes. “Brown eyes, Blue eyes, Green eyes,” she said. Blue eyes, of course, meant for the Night King.
Melisandre to Arya: brown eyes (Walder Frey), blue eyes (The Night Queen), green eyes (Cersei?). Eyes that you'll shut forever. pic.twitter.com/EeqLjUJfPF
— maría ramírez (@guaca_maia) April 29, 2019
At the end of episode 3, the danger seems dead but many of our beloved characters like Melisandre, Beric Dondarrion, Lyanna Mormont, Jorah Mormont, and Theon Greyjoy, all sacrificed themselves in the Battle of Winterfell.