Legendary singer-actor Sonu Nigam turns 46 today. He once ruled the hearts of millions in the late ’90s not only with his beautiful voice but also with his charismatic personality. Today, as his fans the world over celebrate his birthday, we take a look at some interesting facts about Sonu Nigam on his birthday.
1) Inspired by his parents, he took up singing as his career and became a household name. After doing numerous stage shows, Sonu came to Mumbai and launched his first album ‘Rafi Ki Yaadein’ at the age of just 19 years.
2) Songs like Deewana Tera, Bijuria and Tera Milna made him the youth singing icon. His recent songs, including Abhi Mujhme Kahin, Has Mat Pagli and Sapna Jahan still cast a spell among the music lovers.
3) Sonu Nigam has won two Filmfare Awards for Saathiya (2002) and Kal Ho Na Ho (2003) for the Best Singer (Male) category. After struggling in his career initially, Sonu’s life changed after he appeared in the musical reality show ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa.’
4) The singer also forayed into acting and played pivotal roles in Jaani Dushman, Love in Nepal and Kaash Aap Humare Hote. However, the movie failed to impress the audience and failed miserably at the box-office.
5) Sonu Nigam is married to actress Madhurima, who is 15 years younger to him. The couple is blessed with a boy who is quite popular on the social media.