Bollywood celebrities and their luxurious lives have always stunned the common man, we see them as actors on screen performing but we never know how do they become so rich to afford such opulence. Many of these actors end up getting flop or average movies over a period of time, but meanwhile many of them plan backup investment during their career so as to keep experiencing luxury. Many of these actors primarily invest in their own production houses and produce films. Managing director of KWAN (a celebrity management company) Anirban Das once said about celebs “They generally get into business to make sure that they do not have to depend solely on the success or failure of their films.”
These are few Bollywood celebrities who started their own ventures :
1) Shahrukh Khan: Shahrukh owns Red Chilli Entertainment which is a movie production and distribution company. He also owns a 55% stake in the Indian Premier League’s Franchises Team Kolkata Knight Riders and a 26% stake in Kidzania Franchise. Red Chilli Entertainment has produced films like Badla, Ittefaq, Kaamyaab and most superhits starring Shahrukh Khan.
2) Perizaad Zorabian: Perizaad Zorabian is the owner of a successful venture know as Zorabian Chicken. She owns a restaurant in Bandra West know as Gondola famous for its special seafood menu, sizzlers, and cocktails.
3) Suniel Shetty: Working as an actor in Bollywood for three decades Suniel Shetty have also developed his own identity as a businessman. He owns chains of gyms, restaurants, real estate, clubs and more. He owns the production house Popcorn Entertainment and also has stakes in Hakim Aalim’s salons.
Credits: Sunil Shetty (Instagram)
4) Shilpa Shetty: Shilpa have been part of Television these days, she might have lost touch with acting in movies but she has managed to be in limelight through these years. Shilpa Shetty co-owns the chain of salons and spas called Losis that is franchised across the country.
5) Abhishek Bachchan: Being a successful actor who was recently seen in Big Bull released on Disney+Hotstar is a victorious businesses man too. Abhishek owns Pro Kabaddi League franchise team Jaipur Pink Panthers and co-owns the Indian Super League football team Chennaiyin FC.
6) Sushmita Sen: Sushmita Sen is a single mother with two daughters and has recently made her web series debut in Aarya release on Disney+Hotstar. Sushmita runs a venture of her own. Sushmita owns a production company called Tantra Entertainment, a jewellery retail store in Dubai called Renee Jewellers. Her beauty pageant franchise ‘I Am She’ was recently taken over by Femina.
7) Ronit Roy: Ronit Roy famous for his side roles and few lead roles in Udaan and Hostages a web series is also an owner of a security agency, he has been owning the company for a decade now. Ronit’s agency provides security to some of the biggest names of the industry like Aamir Khan and Shahrukh Khan.
8) Neelam: Neelam Kothari Soni mostly knows as Neelam in Bollywood, have been married to Samir Soni. Neelam is a great actress along with she owns her own Jewellery brand ‘Fine Jewels’ been the pioneer in creating very exclusive and fine handmade jewellery. In her jewellery, she usually uses very good quality diamonds, Columbian emerald and Burma rubies. At the same time, she also keeps her pricing competitive for the local customers in India
There are many other Names like Bobby Deol, Dino Morea, Arjun Rampal who earns restaurant and hotels in Mumbai and other few cities. But not everyone who enters such a business gets success, H A Mishra, MD, Food design Systems Associates says, “Most of the film and TV stars venture into the hospitality industry because they find it lucrative and glamorous but they can’t sustain more than a year. It’s because they lack knowledge about the industry and also fail in taking the right people. They should do some homework before venturing into any industry.”